Monday, February 20, 2012

Taking advantage of a day off with the Hubs!

Hello 77 friends :) I am sorry I haven't blogged lately but I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for following me. I started the week with 76 followers and then went down to 75. This may sound weird but it made me sad that someone stopped following me. LOL Like "You don't want to be my friend anymore??" But then I got 2 new followers today, so welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Today I had the opportunity to spend a whole day with my hubby. Thanks Presidents Day!!! We were going to go to Oaklawn Racetrack in Hot Springs, Arkansas and see the horse races on this beautiful day. But on the way we got sidetracked. 

Enter Home Goods
Home Goods
Ahhhhhhhhhh! 
I have never been to one but hear all about them from one of my favorite bloggers, Liz over at Savvy Seasons! So of course I asked if we could stop by.

I had a nice time looking around but hit the jackpot with the rug section! I had been looking every where for a new rug. I had found some that might work at Gardenridge. But they are so cheaply made I was hesitant to purchase it, even on clearance!

I found THE most beautiful rug that fits PERFECTLY in our home. It was only 99 bucks. 99 bucks to me is a LOT of money but it really was a great deal for the style and quality.

Here she is in her new home!!!

It is hard to get a good picture of it...

It is a beautiful soft blue that goes perfectly with the other accents in our home. I LOVE the sheen and the pattern. I am contemplating going back to get another one to put in the living room. Decisions, decisions!

I brought some treats and my V Day flowers to the table. I love this Hobnail vase my hubby got for me!!!

I bought this bowl around 7 years ago at Target. I bought it even though it did not go with any of my stuff at the time. I was still in my "warm color" phase. They still carried it along with matching platter at Target until this past summer. Now that we have officially moved over to "cool colors", I have been trying in vain to find the matching platter. The search continues...

I will leave you with a parting shot from our trip today. Hot Springs Village was beaaaaautiful! I could have sat at this 'babbling brook' allllll day :)

Again, thank you for following me!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day with your husband. I used to drive an hour to get to the nearest Home Good's. But, I know have one about 10 minutes away. I should just go buy stock in the company, LOL. I love your rug and once you start it's so hard to stop. :) I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISN'T HOME GOODS AMAZING?!?!?! They don't have one in our new area (depression). I have that same rug! THE most amazing rug selection there with FANTASTICCCCC prices!

    (I am blowing up your blog, I know..I am just so dang excited to see a fellow Arkansas-ian haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already read through your blog too :) Home Goods is about an hour away from me in Hot Springs. I was looking at your new town and you are so lucky because you are so close to different states. So I am sure there are some fun places to go to!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...