Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Long Awaited Coke Marinade!!!

Hey there little Bloggers in the Blogosphere.  This is the Hubby!  I get to be a guest poster today and explain how I make my IN-famous (Means more than famous...like Inflammable...)Coke Marinade.  This marinade is designed for use when you want a little bit of an asian zing for chicken or pork, but it has an american flair to it. Here's the ingredients...

1 can of Coca Cola Classic - No diet stuff here...
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
5 Tbsp yellow Mustard
2 Tbsp Honey

Whisk together, and add other spices as you see fit.

When I make this, I want to use a thinner porkchop or a boneless chicken tenderloin.  For illustrative purposes, we'll do porkchops today.

Now, after you have poured the marinade over the chops, let them sit, covered, in the fridge for at LEAST 2 hours. The longer, the more flavorful the chops will be, but caveat emptor, do NOT marinate the chops for longer than 12 hours.  Any longer than that, and the meat will start to acid cook in the coke.  And acid cooked pork is not good eats (thanks Alton!)  Many people want to try to layer a lot of flavors in a marinade, but I advise against this...



Looks pretty, right?  It sure is!  As far as taste, they aren't bad, but the little chunks and leaves and such can get burned on, and detract from the taste and texture of the meat.  No one wants to bite into a hunk of pig and get a crunchy piece of foliage, right?

Anyways, after the marinade period, simply salt your meat a little, and prepare your grill.  You MUST ALWAYS properly prepare your grill, especially with this, due to the amount of sugar in the marinade.  Always oil the grill, and make sure that your grill is clean.  Afterwards, just cook and eat!

YUM YUM!!!  Enjoy!!

Great talking to y'all

WOO PIG SOOIE!!!

The Hubs!

21 comments:

  1. I am so going to try this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've saved this. I've heard of marinating in Coke, but I've never tried it. I think the combo of ingredients would be really good. I think it would be tasty with Dijon too. Every tried that? Thanks! Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Thanks for sharing the Hub's secret recipe (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! I must try this as I am a huge Coca Cola fan and my kiddos love pork chops!
    Thanks,
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SO very good. My hubby is our griller, and I do the marinades. We should try this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You're featured today! Thanks for linking up!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/05/features_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. So definitely trying this marinade!! Pinning now! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...