Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Favorite Project Yet :)

Hello friends!

Today I am excited to share with you my favorite project yet. 

I found this perfectly good piece of art at Goodwill for 3 bucks
 and instantly knew I had to destroy it :)
Cute enough right?
 I LOVE that it is metal and it has the scrolly things on the top and bottom. 
But I am not into coffee or NY. I had other plans for this baby. 

First things first I had to have the hubby rip the coffee cup part off. 
I am not sure if you can tell but the coffee cup and the steam swirls are 3D.
But when we ripped the coffee cup part off it left bad dents in the metal. 
I sanded using my electric sander and painted it several times. 
It wasn't perfect but it was good enough!

Ok so now what? 
After some thinking, I knew just what to do!

As you know, we live in Arkansas and are HUGE Razorback fan. 
I wanted something to represent that and found a Facebook cover photo
 (of all random things) that said "As for my and my household we will call the hogs."
 PERFECT!

I was so pleased with my last purchase from Burton Avenue.
She is the best and most helpful with custom orders so I placed another one with her. 
She was gracious enough to send me several mock ups of my ideas 
and we picked the perfect one.
 I wanted the beginning to be nice and sweet and the ending to be strong.

I simply adhered the lettering and added a Razorback sticker from Dollar General. 

And Voila!
My favorite project yet!!

14 comments:

  1. I love it! Much better with the Hawg theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DARLING! Great repurposed project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, you are so clever! =) Thanks so much for sharing!
    Happy Decorating! xoxo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out awesome! LOVE it! Stopping by from the Mingle blog hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to our Pretty Things Party! I hope you'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome upcycle! And if you ever get tired of it that way, you can change it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I go to Goodwill all the time to look for "bargains"...you never know what you will find! this would be a neat idea for my husband....may have to take a trip to the Goodwill this weekend!! I am from Arkansas too....I live in Sherwood now, but am from North East Arkansas.

    I am following you from the Blog Hop today. My blog is "Queen of the Bling...and Other Amazing Things" would love for you to stop by and say hello and give me a follow back!

    would it be ok if I share this one on my blog as well....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...