Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings in a Jiffy ;)

Hello friends!

Remember the random box of Jiffy baking mix from my last recipe? 

The one that was totally not in the Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe??

Well finally I can show you what it is there for :)
Chicken and Dumplings!

I am not a chef, heck I am not even a cook. 
So I love those simple, easy to use, instruction heavy, meal helpers!
I picked up this McCormick Recipe Inspirations packet
 and we made it for dinner tonight.

It has the recipe and detailed instructions on the back.

We used butter, onion, flour, chicken broth, milk, 
cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, and the infamous baking mix.

Here are the instructions.

Cook the chicken and cut into pieces.

 Saute the onions, mix in flour, milk, chicken broth, and spices. 
Whisk until smooth and add the chicken and vegetables.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.

 Stir the Jiffy baking mix, parsley, and milk to make the dumplings.

Dollop in spoonfuls of the dumpling mix.

Cook uncovered for 10 minutes and then covered for 10 minutes.

and Voila!

Yummy and (to me, more importantly) so easy to make!

11 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Do you think it would be ok without the veggies? My husband would like it without that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. One of my winter comfort foods! I love making chicken and dumplings, because it's so easy and filling, and my daughter loves eating the dumplings. New follower from the Mingle With Us blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I'm Shar! Your newest follower from the blog hop!

    Come visit me over at: http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    OH WOW! Yum, yum, yum! Looking forward to reading more!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy and simple. I am always looking for ways to use up Roast Chicken (we do one every week). I am now following you and found you via 'Mingle With Us' blog hop. When you have a minute stop by and visit me at http://thebargaingame.blogspot.com/
    Have a great day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-translucent-face-powder-and.html

    I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy! I am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really delicious! I made Chicken and Dumpling Soup for the first time this year and it came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made chicken and dumplings before but your recipe looks so good and easy that I may have to try it out.

    I would love for you to link up to Mealtime Mondays!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! This is my favorite. I will definitely have to try it your way. I would love you to share it on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks,
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...