Sunday, June 17, 2012

Golf Cake

Hello friends!

So last year I made this Golf Wreath for my father in law for Father's Day.

So what to do this year?? 
Hmmm...my dear friend Ashley over at The Banner Planner to the rescue!

She shared that she is going to make this cake for the men in her family.
How cute is that?? Now how to make it my own (aka easy) way.

I found a pre made cake at the grocery store that was chocolate. 
First, I scraped off all the frosting so I was left with a bare cake. 
I thought I could re use some of those plastic doohickeys. 

To make the grass I looked for green frosting. 
I couldn't find any but I did find those new Frosting Creation mixers. 
(This was way cheaper than buying frosting and food coloring!)
The frosting was SO yummy! 
I frosted the cake and then used a fork to spike it up to make grass.
 I also picked up some green sugar sprinkles to give it some texture.

I made a golf flag by cutting out a pennant shape, 
coloring it with marker, and hot gluing it to a toothpick!

I dug a little hole for the golf ball (and ate it!) :)

And voila!



How stinkin cute is this???

If you know me, you know I love to be silly :) 
So I had to pick up one of those shirts for little kids to make for their dads. 
I think it is funny and cute :) 
My poor parents and in laws get so much random and silly stuff from me!!



7 comments:

  1. Def easy cake! The one I made was very tedious! My hand hurt trying to do the grass, but it turned out cute too!
    I like your idea, super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great way to make a fast cake, and it does look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, neat cake!!

    I think this is my first time to your blog, please stop by my blog and say hello and follow my blog as well, if you are not already a follower, at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this cake would have been perfect for my dad. He golfs almost every weekend. My brother and I get him golf balls for every occasion. Thanks for linking to the party! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...