Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pantry Raid- Chicken Tortilla Soup

We are making an honest effort to eat at home more often despite our busy schedules. 
So tonight I wanted to make a quick dinner using things we already had at home. 
After digging through the pantry, I decided on...
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP!

My friend, Christine, made this for us last time we were at her home. I am obsessed with it!
 It is SO good, SO simple and easy to make, and SO quick! Perfect for us!

The basics:
-Chicken
-corn
-black beans
-Rotel
-Zucchini
-chicken broth
-Tortilla chips

To make:
Cook and shred one small package of chicken.
 In a large pot add cooked chicken, one can of corn (drained), one can of black beans (drained), 1 can of Rotel, 2 sliced zucchinis, and chicken broth. Simmer for about 30 minutes to bring the flavors together.

This time I added squash, jalapeno, and an onion to the mix. I seasoned ours with Chili Powder and Cumin. 
Top with tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, whatever you like!

Try it...I promise you will love it!


6 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks great! And seems simple to make! My two fave things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks delicious! My two year old is a soup fanatic. I'd love it if you shared this at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-4.html. We go live Tuesday night at 8 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this at Whimsy Wednesdays. I'm going to give this a try next week. Stop back tonight for a bloglovin blog hop. If you're unfamiliar with bloglovin you can find out about it at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-heart-bloglovin.html.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy...yummy...that sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..love some soup and this looks great! Thank you for sharing!!

    Bonnie @ uncommon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...