Sunday, March 18, 2012

Eggvocado. Say what?

Yes, I said EGGvocado! You bake an egg in the hole of an avocado! I ran across this unusual idea at The Kitchen is My Playground! (Check out her blog here, it is super cute!)

First cut an avocado in half and remove the seed. Use a spoon to make the hole big enough to fit a cracked egg. Eat the avocado you remove :)

I cut a bit out the back of the avocado to give it something flat to balance on. (Spelling 'a v o c a d o' is weird! I have to sound it out as I want to add an "l" in for some reason! lol) 

Place your prepared avocado into a baking dish. Crack an egg into the hole and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or so.

YUM!!! It is so creamy and wonderful I will be making this again! I hope you try an Eggvocado :) How impressive would this be for overnight guests??

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad this recipe worked out for you! Surprisingly delicious, isn't it?!?
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband will go nuts for this! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eggs and I love avocado...I have never thought of combining the two...but I will definitely try this. It looks very cool. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this linked up to parties, i can't believe it took me so long to click! This i a great idea, I saw something similar (but way too complicated) on Top Chef Masters this season. I'll certainly try this version:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love eggs and avocado, so what's not to love. I also would never have thought of putting both together. I will be trying, how can I pass up trying something that sounds so cools. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have never seen this before, it sound pretty good! i would love for you to link this post up to the spread the love weekend wrap up party i host on my blog. http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/03/spread-love-4-elissa-hudson-giveaway.html
    there is also an AMAZING elissa hudson print giveaway going on right now as well.
    hope to see you there!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah. I would never bake an avocado. However, I might poach an egg and put it in the middle. Maybe some salsa over the whole thing? Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds so delicious! i'm going to have to try it :). new follower of your blog - thanks for commenting over on mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...