Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy weekend!


So, I start my part time job tomorrow, after my full time job. I am really excited about it! It is a nice balance to my crazy full time job. As this is my last free weekend, I got to work! Here are some of the projects I worked on today. 

Have you been seeing everything jute wrapped lately? I sure have! I ordered a drink a few weeks ago that came in a commemorative glass. Uh, hate those but wanted to save it for this project. I think it turned out really cute. I am into other things besides flowers these days, so I thought these cute berry things would be a good alternative.

On a whim, I made one of those adorable "Lost Sock" boards! I had all the items around the house already so decided to go ahead and do it.

I have been on the hunt for some different lamp shades for some time. I really liked some I saw at Pottery Barn but they are around $50 each. $50 times 3= I don't think so! I had been debating wrapping them in jute as well. I figured, what the heck and tried it! 

I think they turned out great! I love the color and the texture.

Wrapping the jute became therapeutic after awhile :) A great project to do while you are watching tv!

My Arkansas basket sure has come in handy. It has become my project caddy! I attempted to Mod Podge a map to the bottom and hated it. I scrubbed it off and will start on my Razorback project soon.

And finally...here she is! What do you think? Funny story behind this one. This wreath is the huge straw wreath I scored for 50 cents. I actually bought a smaller rounded Styrofoam wreath and spent literally hours wrapping it making it perfect. I wanted each wrap perfect and not overlapping. It was ridiculous and I swore I was never making one again. My hubby came home from work and helped me finish. So sweet! I LOVE doing projects with him. He gave me an idea on how to expedite the process so I went ahead and went after the big wreath. On this one, I did NOT stick to my OCD rules and I overlapped like crazy. I actually like this one SO much more. 

The rosettes were fun to make. I followed online tutorials and cut a spiral out of felt and rolled it up. I especially like the two tone rosettes!

Love it! I'm sure I will make more...one day.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I am totally freaking out though, cause I feel like you may be my "sister from another Mister"...I am the exact same about crafts, and even though i'm not a Arkansas-ian yet, I already LOVE the razorbacks! I'm super stoked to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansan- pronounced "our can sen". I had to ask the hubby! :) and I could not agree more!!! omg just wait till football season. It gets crazy over here! Are you moving to Fayetteville?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...