Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Asian Fajitas

Hello friends!

Day two of a homemade meal and a blog post! We are on a roll!!!

Tonight we made "Pan Grilled Flank Steak with Soy-Mustard Sauce".
 I found this recipe from my friend Sharla's new food blog {eat.drink.be very merry}

This recipe spoke to us because, as Texans, we love us some fajitas! 
I had never have flank steak any other way than as fajitas. 

**Funny side note, today I told one of my clients that we were having fajitas for dinner.
 I know he is from Mexico so I figured he would appreciate it. 
He responded "you know, I never had fajitas until I came to America." 
I think it is so funny that what we think of as "Mexican food" is really not. 
Fajitas are totally Tex-Mex**


So you will need:
Flank Steak- 1lb
Olive oil to coat
Salt and Pepper to season

Olive oil- 2 tbsp
Garlic- 3 cloves minced
Soy Sauce- 3 tbsp
Dijon- 2 tsp
Sugar- 1 1/2 tsp
Heavy Whipping Cream- 3 tbsp
Cilantro- 2 tbsp chopped


Heat a grill pan to high heat while you coat your flank steak in olive oil and salt and pepper.
Cook each side for 7 minutes.

Ours wanted to curl up so I placed a weighted press to help get those pretty grill lines!
Once it is cooked to your likeness, set aside to rest.

In a sauce pan, add your oil and garlic and cook for a minute. 
Then add your soy sauce, mustard, and sugar.
Cook until bubbly then remove from heat.

Stir in your cream and cilantro.

Go back to your fajitas and find the grain. 
In this picture the grain is horizontal, so you will cut vertically.

and voila!
We served ours with mashed potatoes and squash with poblano peppers.

It was yummy but my hubby laughed and said "weird. It is like Asian Fajitas" 
So sorry Sharla, we renamed your dish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...